Call for entries
- Valencian feature film: 2.500,00 €.
- Spanish feature film: 2.000,00 €.
- International feature film: 1.500,00 €.
1. The 5th DocsValència Non-Fiction Space will take place from October 28th to November 6th, 2021.
2. Each participant may submit one or more documentaries.
3. This edition of DocsValència will only program feature films. Only films that are at least 30 minutes in length will be accepted.
4. Documentaries can participate in any of the following competitive categories:
▪ Valencian feature film.
▪ Spanish feature film.
▪ International feature film.
5. We accept any documentary genre, all themes and narratives.
6. To participate, the on-line registration form must be filled out.
7. The submitted documentaries whose original language is not Spanish, English or Valencian must be subtitled in one of these languages.
8. The screeners of the submitted films will be received only through links from Vimeo, YouTube, Drive or another password-protected digital platform.
9. Only in specific cases will copies be received in DVD format. To do this, those interested should write previously to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. The submission is for free.
11. Under no circumstances will any registration be accepted after 11:59 p.m. on June 11th of the current year.
12. The production date of the documentaries must be after January 1st, 2020.
13. We accept any co-production between any country in the world.
14. The submitted documentaries may have been produced or co-produced by any television, public or private, regardless if the film has been broadcasted or not.
15. DocsValència does not require Spanish premiere for the films presented in the international feature film section.
I. Any documentary that has been screened on any streaming or VOD digital platform in Spanish territory prior to the festival cannot be selected.
16. If the documentary is selected, the person who made the registration will be notified and informed about the instructions for sending the screening copy, as well as the additional materials that are required.
17. The Selection Committee will have members of DocsValència crew and renowned personalities from the non-fiction genre. The committee will carry out its work according to the parameters of quality and creativity previously established by the Artistic Direction of the festival.
18. The Selection Committee reserves the right to change the section of a submitted documentary if it considers it pertinent, notifying the person in charge in advance.
19. After notification, the selected ones will receive instructions on the formats of the screening copy and the necessary editorial materials for their participation.
20. Those responsible will have 10 business days to send the screening copy, as well as the required editorial materials, from the date of receipt of the notification.
21. Any expense generated by the shipment of the physical materials will be borne by the selected ones. DocsValència is not responsible for the damages these materials could suffer during the shipment.
22. All shipments must show the legend «Sample without commercial value, only for cultural purposes.»
23. The organization of the festival assumes that the person who registered for this call for entries has the rights to do so, exempting DocsValència from any civil or criminal liability.
24. In case of being selected, the documentaries that are in the post-production stage (working copy) will be accepted as long as the receipt of the final copy is guaranteed within the deadlines indicated in this call for entries. This guarantee will be reflected in a letter-commitment that the festival will provide to those interested.
25. DocsValència does not pay screening fees in its competitive sections.
26. DocsValència may consider the documentaries registered for samples, exhibitions and other activities carried out by the festival, always with prior notice and agreement of the responsible of the film
27. Selected documentaries whose language is English or any other language must have subtitles in Spanish. If the production company or the person responsible for the registration do not have a subtitled copy, the festival organization can provide a previous quotation.
Awards and jury
29. Awards granted by DocsValència :
▪ Valencian feature film: 2.500,00 €.
▪ Spanish feature film: 2.000,00 €.
▪ International feature film: 1.500,00 €.
30. The jury will be made up of renowned national and international personalities from the audiovisual and cultural industry which will be announced before the festival takes place.
31. No member of the jury may participate, directly or indirectly, in any of the competitive sections of the festival. Without exception.
32. No member of the Organizing Committee of DocsValència may be part of the jury.
33. The jury’s decision is final.
(*) The prizes include all taxes. The winners must issue a receipt or invoice to receive them and pay the corresponding taxes in each case. The prizes are subject to the tax withholdings in force according to Spanish law
34. The submission of the documentaries implies the total acceptance of these regulations. The interpretation and application of the same corresponds exclusively to the organizers of DocsValència.
35. The festival reserves the right to change these Regulations at any time and without notification.
- April 14th | Call for entries opens
- June 11th | Call for entries closes
- October 28th to November 6th | 5th DocsValència Non-Fiction Space.
For any clarification, doubt or request for additional information, please write to the email email@example.com.
València, April 2021.
Share your story with us. We’re waiting for your documentary.