- Original title: Jabalí
- Direction: Xabier Irigibel Uriz
- Production: Xabier Irigibel Uriz
- Photography: Xabier Irigibel Uriz
- Edition: Julián Vargas
- Country: España, Costa Rica
- Year: 2017
- Duration: 20'
- Language: castellano
- Web: rescoldos.net National premiere
Jabalí has many names: he is a hermit, a peasant and an experienced one. Jabalí walks lame and sometimes falls. But Jabalí gets up because this is a movie of a person who gets up and a visual reflection on the relationship between animals and man, about human loneliness and something close to longing.
Xabier Irigibel Uriz (Pamplona, 1980) is a nurse by profession and studies and researches social analysis problems. In 2014 it displaced academic production through audiovisual language and began to develop documentary exploration. It approaches the cinema through the co-direction of Las que en vida fueran (2014), a documentary that recovers the experience of the last traditional midwives of Costa Rica and with Adela and Aníbal (2015) initiates the exploration of the intimate spaces of everydayness.
- Jabalí (2017).
- Ángel (2017).
- Adela y Aníbal (2015).
- Las que en vida fueran (2014).
- 12th DocsMX International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City. Jury Special Mention (2017).
- 27th Curta Cinema Rio de Janeiro International Short Film Festival (2017).
- 15th Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival (2017).
- 20th Ìcaro International Film Festival (2017).
- Shnit International Short Film Festival (2017).