- Original title: The Horn
- Direction: Frederik Jan Depickere
- Production: Carlos Andrés López Pazmiño, Daniel De Valck
- Photography: Frederik Jan Depickere
- Edition: Frederik Jan Depickere
- Country: Belgium, Colombia
- Year: 2017
- Duration: 50'
- Language: Spanish
- Web: frederikjan.net/feature-films National Premiere
As a human being, aka The Horn, a former Colombian guerrilla commander leaves much to be desired. Based on the principles laid out in Sergey Nechayev’s infamous Revolutionary Catechism, he cheated, extorted and murdered, up until reaching absolute self-fulfilment in the Far North of Sweden. A haunting, disturbing gaze into the mind of a sociopath, against the backdrop of the immigration crisis.
Frederik Jan Depickere (Torhout, 1983) is a Belgian filmmaker whose work flirts with truth, myth and sonic experiments. He is skilled at getting close to strangers and creates personal landscapes in a contemplative mood. His films have been screened at various international film festivals and he is a member of Wapu Lab, a Colombia based production entity.
- The Horn (2017).
- Adrift (2013).
- Standing Eagle (2011).
- 12th DocsMx International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City (2017).
- 14th Big Sky Documentary Film Festival (2017).
- 10th London International Documentary Festival (2017).
- 2nd Berlin Experimental Film Festival (2017).
- 27th Festival Traces de Vie (2017).
- 15th Festival International Signes de Nuit (2017).