- Original title: Joe Strummer. The Future is Unwritten
- Direction: Julien Temple
- Production: Amanda Temple, Anna Campeau, Alan Moloney
- Photography: Ben Cole
- Edition: Niven Howie, Mark Reynolds, Tobias Zaldua
- Country: Ireland, United Kingdom
- Year: 2017
- Duration: 123'
- Language: English
- Web: joestrummerthemovie.com Valencian Premiere
Almost five years after the death of the frontman of The Clash, Joe Strummer, Julien Temple narrates the life and work of this legendary artist, leader of one of the seminal bands of punk music and whose influence continues more than present. Weaving masterfully with an invaluable archive material and unpublished testimonies, this film is an indispensable work.
Julien Temple (London, 1953), filmmaker and director of music videos, began his remarkable career directing the documentary of the Sex Pistols, The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle (1979). He studied at King’s College, Cambridge and in the eighties became one of the directors of music videos most recognized for his work with figures such as The Rolling Stones, The Kinks and David Bowie. Currently, he is considered a cult director for works such as London: The Modern Babylon (2012) or Requiem for Detroit (2009).
- My Life Story (2017).
- Habaneros (2017).
- The Origin of the Species (2016).
- The Clash: New Year’s Day ‘77 (2015).
- The Ecstasy of Wilko Johnson (2015).
- Rio 50 Degrees: Carry on CaRIOca (2014).
- London: The Modern Babylon (2012).
- Dave Davies. Kingdom Come (2011).
- Ray Davies. Imaginary Man (2010).
- Oil City Confidential (2009).
- Requiem for Detroit (2009).
- The Sex Pistols: There’ll Always Be an England (2008).
- The Eternity Man (2008).
- Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten (2007).
- Glastonbury (2006).
- The Filth and the Fury (2000).
- Pandæmonium (2000).
- Vigo: A Passion for Life (1998).
- Bullet (1996).
- Stones at the Max (1991).
- Earth Girls Are Easy (1988).
- Running Out of Luck (1987).
- Aria (segment Rigoletto) (1987).
- Absolute Beginners (1986).
- It’s All True (1983).
- Mantrap (1983).
- The Secret Policeman’s Other Ball (1982).
- Samson: Biceps of Steel (1980).
- The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle (1979).
- UK Subs: Punk Can Take It (1979).
- Sundance Film Festival. International Premiere (2007).
- Audi Dublin International Film Festival (2007).
- British Independent Film Award (BIFA). Best Documentary (2007).