- Original title: The Subversives
- Direction: Miles Roston
- Production: Jenny Lundström, Carles Pastor
- Photography: Miles Roston, Paco Belda
- Edition: Sergi Dies
- Country: Spain, Netherlands
- Year: 2018
- Duration: 72'
- Language: English, Spanish, French
- Web: gaiaaudiovisuals.com Estrena internacional
Set during the Cold War, the film tells the controversial story of Theo van Boven, former director of the ONU Human Rights division, his team and the survivors accused of terrorism who fought against the system and the military dictatorships of Chile, Argentina and Spain. Theo pays the price for his actions, but he caused changes in the system that last until today.
Miles Roston (New York, Unites States) is a director, writer and producer. He has been nominated for an Emmy and has extensive experience working with international stations, producers and talents. He graduated at the Columbia University and has dedicated the last 15 years of his life as a producer to document and tell stories related to social, human and development issues. He has also worked as a professional musician and written two non-fiction books.
- The Subversives (2018).
- Home Stories (2017).
- Brilliance (2016).
- First Kisses (2015).
- Game (2013).
- Refugees: Who Needs Them? (2013).
- Bangladesh: Culture of Impunity (2012).
- Higher Education (2010).
- Make It Real (to Me) (2005).
- God in Government (2004).
- 14 Million Dreams (2004).
- Aliens Among Us (2002).
- Last Chance for Peace: Sierra Leone (2000).